The QU will organize its academic programs into five (5) faculties. Each faculty consists of several discipline which are basically interdisciplinary in character.
|Existing faculties||Disciplines / Degrees|
School of Computer Science & Engineering
|School of Computer Science & Engineering|
School of Arts
School of Business Administration
|1. Business Administration |
2. Finance& Banking
School of Law
School of Social Science
|1. Government and Policies |
2. International Relations & Development
3.Development Communication & Journalism
4. Women Studies
Each academic year comprises of two semesters i.e. spring semester (March - July) and Fall Semester (September - January). Each semester will be of 18 weeks (Classes 16 weeks, semester midterm exam. 1 week and final exam. 1 week).
The requirements for graduation is 123 credit hours of the course work (English, Law and BBA),152 credit hours for Computer Science & Engineering and 189 credit hourse for B.Sc. (Arch.). For MBA program, the full time student is expected to complete minimum60 credit hours (Compulsory internship program 3 months, 3 credits). In additions, Students are required to complete an English Language course (Non credit).
Click here for more information about Academic Plan.
ACADEMIC INFORMATION AND POLICIES (click here)
Minimum academic Qualifications for Admission into Degree Honors Course are:
1. At least Second Division in both the S.S.C. & H.S.C. Examination or equivalent.
2. University of London GCE 'O' level and 'A' level together in 5 (five) major Subjects are required. Applicant without 'A' level may be admitted on condition that they will complete two years credits of course works successfully to compensate for 'A' level (Including overseas High School Diploma / Equivalent).
Foreign and overseas students are eligible to apply for admission into the Queens Degree (Bachelor) program provided they have completed 12 years of pre-university education in their own country and obtained High School Graduation Certificates equivalent to least S.S.C and H.S.C with high second divisions of Bangladesh. The Foreign Students shall arrange for their residence, student visas after securing admission. Queens Master and MBA programs are also open to the foreign students. The tuition fees, semester fees for foreign students shall be equal of their Bangladeshi counterpart.
Minimum academic Qualifications for Admission into MBA program:
Minimum academic Qualifications for Admission into program will be Bachelor degree in any discipline. The minimum qualification points for eligibility to apply for Admission will "6" calculate on the following basis:
1. S.S.C. + H.S.C. First Division (3), Second Division (2),
2. Bachelor Degree (Hons.)- First class (5), Second class (3),
3. Bachelor Degree (Pass)-First class (4), Second class (3),
3. Master Degree- First classs (5), Second class (3).
Prescribed application forms are available in the Accounts Section of the Queens University on payment of Taka 400/= for degree honors courses and Taka 500/= for MBA course.
To receive application forms by mail please write to the office of Manager, Finance & Administration along with the draft of M.O for Taka 400/600 as the case may be in favor of Queens University. Completed application forms must be submitted to the office of the Admission officer with request transcripts of the Certificates, degrees and four copies of passport size photograph of every individual.
A two-hour admission test consisting of objective and easy type question in English and general knowledge will be held for the students seeking admission to English and Law Honors course. For MBA and BBA / Computer Science and engineering (CSE) / B.Sc. (Arch.) honors course admission test will be held in English, general knowledge and SSC / HSC level mathematics on specific dates & times. (To be announced in the daily news papers and in this site- FLASH NEWS section.)
Students should follow the following steps for admission and registration:
1. Collect application form from Queens University office.
2. Fill in the application form. Incomplete form(s) will not be considered.
3. Sit for the admission test (written & oral) on the scheduled date and time.
4. Successful candidates are required to complete the registration by paying fees in the form of bank draft or pay order or by paying directly to the designated Queens University bank account upon advice by Queens University account department.
5. Get the ID card and then follow all instructions given from time to time.
To know about Tuition fees, Click here.
***Credit Transfer Opportunity: click here to details.
A student who discontinues active enrollment without being granted leave of absence or does not return to active study after expiry of any granted leave of absence will lose his/her status as a regular students and will have to apply for re-admission.
ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION:
All correspondence related to admission should be made to:
Abedin Tower, 35, Kemal Ataturk Avenue,
Banani, Dhaka-1213, Bangladesh.
Phone: (880)-2-8829012, 882687.